This week, our selected theme is..
All that glitters is gold!
Use some glitter and/or gold on your project and enter at Shopping Our Stash.
This is my creation:
Supplies and methods:
- This started on a panel made a few weeks ago using Dylusions sprays in After Midnight and Vibrant Turquoise, as well as some light blue+gold Glimmer Mist. I believe the Vibrant Turquoise was sprayed though a Heidi Swapp polka-dot stencil, but it is very subtle and hardly worth mentioning at this point... because I added some water droplets and further obliterated the dots. Moving on!
- I recreated that original panel for a background panel, this time using my mini-mister filled with vodka for the splattery effect.
- I planned to use the Recollections brads to adhere the panels together, but then I got all willy-nilly and started tacking brads across the panel. It added a little more dimension across the the snowy sky.
- The snowflake stamps (which are actually doilies... shhh) in the background are by Tim Holtz (won last year for a "12 tags" challenge) and Martha Stewart (many years old), all inked with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed using Stampendous Frantage in Shabby White. The stamps that are fussy-cut in the foreground are by Handmade Modern (from Target... it's a set I bought for my kids a few years ago), inked again with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with a glittery blue Stampendous powder.
- The yarn is new to my stash, sent to my by the wonderful Andrea Ockey Parr... thank you!
- "Miss you" written with a Faber-Castell Pitt brush pen
- The Tim Holtz Idea-ology nib was a late addition. I had already inked it (maybe two months ago?) with Adirondack mixative in Gold, and when I came across it while looking for a little something, I thought, "That will be perfect for a 'miss you' card!"
- To "up" the glitter factor, I used Mercuy Glass Stickles to casually edge both panels.
- I matted the wintery panels onto some Tim Holtz craft-core metallic cardstock. The smooth gold wasn't meshing with the project, so I stared at it for a minute before I busted out the Adirondack mixative in Pearl... added just the right effect!
Oh, man! I really need to vacuum the craft-shack! All of the glittery embossing powder is going to melt to the floor in front of the heater! Please go on and visit the rest of my DT-homegirls at Shopping Our Stash, and I look forward to seeing your sparkly projects over at the challenge page!