Stencils and die-cuts... no stamps!
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
This is my card:
- Background panel made last week with the following Adirondack alcohol inks: Stream, Sunshine Yellow, Red Pepper, and Ginger.
- For grid effect, Tim's Tiles stencil laid over top and dabbed with blending solution.
- (I discovered this technique while attempting [and failing] at Tim's current tag challenge, but I love the results of this! I just smear the card with a lighter-colored alcohol ink, then dab the other colors. A stencil is then placed over the dried ink and blending solution is pounced through in various parts. So fun! Been doing it every chance I get!)
- The leaf was in my diecut stash, made using Tim's Tattered Leaves die and an old sheet of bird's-eye maple veneer
- Yarn is from the quilt show... a new-ish acquisition, but a go-to nowadays. Scared because I know it won't last forever-- I probably only have 5' left, or less...
- I wrote the sentiment with a Stampin' Up pen received a couple years ago wth my purchase of their stamp-carving set
- The "sequins" are African heishi beads, affixed with Glossy Accents
That's all, folks!
This is a great challenge for stash-busting-- just assemble unused project pieces and scrawl a sentiment... BOOM!
See you over at SOS!