Obviously, the colors are those of warm early fall, and this is the initial direction I was heading. As the pieces of my desk came together, the "Autumn" inspiration was more that of my friend (and friend of many), Autumn at Sew-Paper-Paint. I cite her a lot, but that is because she has sent me all kinds of goodies that I use regularly, (including the Cuttlebug), and also because she is one of my crafting "soul-sisters"! This piece has just some of the layery-goodness that Autumn bakes into many of her works, and it also has the speckles... many people speckle, but Autumn speckles.
- Background panel using my new-found technique that goes like this (using all Adirondack alcohol inks):
- Inked photo paper (yeah, I know...) with Mushroom by smearing all over.
- Dabbed a few dots each of Red Pepper, Wild Plum, and Rust
- Placed Tim's roses mini-stencil (of which I cut the edge from) over the ink and dabbed with felt soaked with blending solution
- (I "discovered" this method after I tried -and failed- a technique for Tim's current tag. Well, I don't have Yupo. I've tried to find it, and I forget, and, well, photo paper is good enough for the boys I go with! LOL. I'll buy it someday soon.)
- The rectangular tag was given to me from a friend who saved it from a shirt... she brought it into the library and said, "I could not throw this away-- is it something you would use?" It's so sweet when non-crafting friends bring presents! :) I Inked Tim's new StampAnon Ledger Script stamp with his Mixed Media palette, trying to use only the browns. (I wish he would have set the browns on one side an the blacks on the other-- Tim: next time...)
- The leaf stamp is by Stamp Goods (made in Mendocino County, I believe), inked with Ground Espresso Mixed Media ink onto old sheet music and fussy-cut. Shabby Shutters provided the greeny-hue
- There are tiny sparkly stamen from Wilton colored with Oregano Adirondack alcohol ink
- The image is from Lunagirl. I sealed it with matte Mod Podge and added some Stickles to her over a year ago.
- I mounted the panel onto some old enyclopedia paper, folded to fit
- The card base was sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist in gold
- Speckles added by adding various Distress Stains to gesso and splattering... after masking the Madonna, of course...
I'd like to share this at Stamps and Stencils... not even trying to kiss-butt! It's just a totally appropriate challenge for this piece!