Tuesday, October 20, 2015

DL Art + Try Stamping...

Let's hear it for BC Awareness... pay attention to your bodies, ladies!

Here's my card:





Darn it all if the tiles didn't stagger like I'd envisioned... but the card served its purpose: gave it to a friend who started her fight in May of 2013. She's growing her hair,  and still meeting doctors multiple times a month... and she completely freakin' rocks!

I gave her the card,  and said, "I'm thinking you're 'over' the whole 'Think Pink' thing,  but I'm going to acknowledge that you've had a helluva ride, and you rock!..." She thanked me for the card,  and I said, "we could pretend like nothing happened,  or we can go,  'yeah, that was a crazy ride, and you're still dealing with it. ..'" (Basically, dude, anyone who goes through it will battle forever. It is life-changing. I respect that.)

Anyway... sorry. So,  is life-changing for the lady going through it,  but also for family and friends. Go, Mrs. T!

I would like to enter this card into Try Stamping On Tuesday #239 and DL Art's Pinky-Linky for Breast Cancer Awareness...

Cheers to you all!

Oh, by the way,  Verve stamps, Ranger mica, Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick.  Awesome things!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design, love the metallics! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and design Mimi.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors and design Mimi.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's an important issue to focus on, but luckily I don't have any family or close friends having experienced this, but I do think we all know of someone having battled this disease, with good or bad results. A beautiful card with purpose and glad to hear your friend is doing well and appreciated her card...

    ReplyDelete