Thursday, August 16, 2018

Lifetime Friendship tag

I'll mail this to my bestie.




Supplies:
  • Library card base smeared around the edges with Forest Moss DOx directly
  • Center inked with Antique Linen DOx, but it wasn't as bold so I used an Antique Linen Distress Crayon.
  • Next wiped the card with a baby wipe
  • Added white Liquitex gesso to the center for even more contrast
  • I tried to ink Distress Embossing Ink through Tim's Florals stencil but my pad needs re-inking (or straight-up replacement). The Ranger Princess Gold only stuck hardly, and, further, when I first went to emboss it, I meant to grab the Potting Soil EP anyway.  Huh. Funny how things with out... or don't.
  • Used an old letterpress-type plate from an antique shop to stamp the background-- it's a diagram of something mechanical but I have no idea what. I inked it with a freshly re-inked Ranger Archival Jet Black pad and then heat embossed with old clear EP 
  • Black Soot DI added to edges and spritzed for some water drops
  • Tim's Cargo stencil used to add letters with Antique Linen DOx
  • Tim's wildflower (cut and inked a few moons ago) added
  • A feather glued by wildflower
  • Shred of Tim's fabric from a scrap jar tied around tag
  • Corners of tag snipped with a Fiskars punch
  • Tim's Chitchat stickers added and accented with Frayed Burlap Distress Crayon
I think that's it!  This reminds me of when Tim used to have his monthly challenges... That was so fun.  Miss them.

I'd like to share this at the following challenges:
  • Frilly and Funkie: Back to nature (feather)
  • Stamps and Stencils: Grungy/Industrial (I think this is both, though I just re-read the challenge and thus has no real metal... hope you don't mind my adding anyhow)

6 comments:

  1. i *LOVE* every single thing about this! srsly. EVERYthing!!! wow! (that's a great idea to use a distress crayon to get a second/bolder tone with the same DI!!!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the aged look of the background. I use baby wipes for cleaning supplies and my crafting space, but I haven’t tried using it on inked paper. I’ll try that as I’m curious of the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love this, Mimi! You really tipped me over with that subtle embossing! And of course, this is perfect for our Back to Nature challenge at Frilly and Funkie, since you included that feather and gorgeous die cut! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really pretty and grungy - fab! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous tag! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete