Tuesday, July 18, 2017

SOS # 312: Light bulb

(I always think of Gru on Despicable Me when I think of light bulbs... LOL... "Light. Bulb.")

Today marks the beginning of another stash-busting challenge with the gals at Shopping Our Stash.  This week Chris is our hostess, and she's chosen the theme You light up my life: include anything that has a light bulb in it!-- lamps, flashlight, lantern... you get the idea!  Anything with a light bulb in it or on it!

I knew I had this cute little light bulb floating around in a Heidi Swapp baggie, and if you look close... real close... the red pencils say "brilliant" on them, too!


Supplies:
  • Background paper and strip from Amy Tangerine's "Finders keepers" stack
  • Clipped corners using a Fiskars punch and drew around the edge with a Faber-Castell Pitt
  • Light bulb from a Heidi Swapp die-cut Minc pack... I don't even have a Minc...
  • Sentiment strips from a Chickaniddy DP from 2014
  • Doily shape has been in my stash for years... I want to say it is probably Recollections brand...
  • Yellow enamel dots by MME; blue enamel dots by Prima.  Both have been in my stash for at least two years.
Well, come on over with your BRIGHT ideas!  See you at Shopping Our Stash!

7 comments:

  1. Super card, love the paper and that lightbulb is fab. (I had nothing but Christmas) lots of old stash used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT is indeed the right idea! (for the record: GRU is an awesome muse! anyone who disagrees, they must be pulling on my leg...) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things I love about this card!!
    Of course the Gru reference "LIGHT BULB!!"
    Fab job teammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would struggle with ideas for this kind of lightbulb image but you've made a fantastic card that would be great for exam encouragement/congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, I love this pattern paper and the super clever way you paired it with the cute little light bulb!!
    Love GRU and all three "Despicable Me" movies, he is something else!!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design with plenty of colors and layers. Quite a tricky theme, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi, What a fun card! I love that black light bulb against those great colors. VWhat a creative twist. :)

    ReplyDelete