Tuesday, May 16, 2017

SOS: Fabulous Fabric

This week at Shopping Our Stash, I am your host (hey, it's my first official hosting of this challenge blog... yay!), and I am encouraging you guys to use some fabric stash!  Fabric, fabric tape, fabric shapes... fun!




Supplies:
  • Tim Holtz fabric affixed to the Ranger tag with matte Mod Podge. I've had the fabric since at least last summer, and the Mod Podge since Xmas, 2015.
  • When dry, tag dipped into DOx + water in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, then dried with a heat tool
  • Andrea's new stamp set used (YAY, loves it! Go to her Etsy store).  The stitching along the right edge and top, along with the "Be the good" (nod to Gandhi) are from the latest set.  I inked them in Archival in Jet Black.
  • The red fabric tape is gaffer's tape from 7 Gypsies... only about 7 years old... literally.
  • The lady was found in a thrift shop.  I cut her out and scribbled around her silhouette with Slate Grey Distress Crayon and wiped it with a bit of water.  Then I glued the lady on and laid an acrylic block over her to dry flat.
  • Red button from my stash with back snipped off. 
  • Excess fabric threaded through the top and tied with red twine, which has been in my stash for about 1.5 years.  
  • The "Trust" ticket was the last addition.  I've had those tickets for a few years... they still make an appearance now and then.  I think I am hoarding them-- you don't see them often anymore.  I did a little wrinkle-free Distress technique with DIs and pinned it with a red-tipped pin which was in reach on my desk, and probably belonged to my mother or grandmother.
So, what do you say?  Did you buy any of Tim's fabric that you just need to use?  Or do you have fabric tape that is fun and cute?  Maybe some of the Basic Gray shapes in canvas that I have?  Oooh... or sew something!  Pin cushion jar?  I want to do that soon...

See you at SOS!  Join us!  Use what you already have!

9 comments:

  1. this is BEYOND awesome! you've totally put the FAB in fabric!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh modge podge - why didn't I think of that to attach my fabric???
    Would have been WAYYYYYYYYYY easier than all the fenagling I did LOL
    Fab tag and fab job as hostess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are creating up a storm these days and I'm loving every second of it! What an awesome collage this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous FABric tag Mimi, I love how you always put all the elements on your creations together so beautifully.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fab(bric)ulous!! Love all the details you loaded onto this tag! WTG on your first official hostess post! You ROCKED it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this vintage feel my friend
    Awesome TAG
    and I was so busy with my kids cause my hubby was 2 weeks in Scotland no time to visiting my friends blog now I try to catch up some of your project sweety
    look and see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just visiting your 7 new post hope you have time reading my comment sweety
      waiting for you on my empty blog
      without you and Pia...I feel empty there hehe LOL
      hugs
      Monika

      Delete
  7. Great vintage look. The shading around the lady is one of those Non obvious but effective touches I often miss out on myself....

    ReplyDelete