Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Layered roses

Hmmm... On the fence about this. 

I am still busting out pretty generic birthday cards for the people at work.  This was one of those cards that I could not make any decisions about-- couldn't decide if I wanted it on a kraft card base or white... couldn't decide if I wanted the sentiment in white or brown... I still think this card could have been done multiple ways.  When I am next lacking mojo but have time, it would be fun to revisit, because I actually love the roses and the colors and all of the individual elements-- just not sure I like the way they ended up here.

Supplies and notes:

  • Background panel is a Seth Apter stamp inked with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with Ranger in Antique Turquoise EP on kraft paper
  • Layering stamps by Hampton Arts.  Roses inked with Dina Wakley Ruby Mixed Media palette, Barn Door DI, and Antique Linen DOx.  Leaves inked using ColorBox Glacier Lake, Peacock Feathers DI, and Antique Linen DOx.
  • "Happy Birtgday" written with a Zig Emboss-Writer on a scrap of vellum and heat embossed with Ranger EP in Potting Soil.
  • Main panel matted on a piece of brown Recollections cardstock.
I'll share this at JUGs, whose current competition inspired this card: 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the turquoise embossing on the kraft making a beautiful background for your lovely roses. Great addition with the vellum strip and so cool that you hand wrote the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love your design and use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t decide on Kraft vs white and where to put this and that. Sometimes I wonder why I don’t make three cards at the same time, then I could go for all the options and save time. This creation is elegant.

    ReplyDelete