Friday, January 26, 2018

Drinking coffee...

The focal of this card was made many moons ago, and it sat in my unfinished project stash... until now!




Click HERE and HERE  and HERE for the cards made at the same time as the focal cup... back in June of 2017.

Supplies:
  • Cup made from an old library catalog card, popped up with 3M dimensional tape
  • Saying typed on my old typewriter and inked with Wilted Violet DOx
  • Background panel made within the past two weeks (during THIS session) using Tim Holtz  resist paper and the following powdered pigments:
    • Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Milk Chocolate Brown
    • Color Bursts in Terre Verde, Lemon Yellow, and Chartreuse
  • I also inked the edges of this panel with Walnut Stain DI
  • The whole panel was mounted up with 3M dimensional tape
  • Seam binding bought by the yard at my fave scrapbook store in Paradise, CA
  • Seth Apter Trifecta dies used to cut the circles from some of Tim Holtz stencil packaging. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain DI.
  • The card base is heavy kraft that I cut using a lot of pressure with my scoring blade to give the ragged look... although you can't appreciate this from the pix...
I'd like to share this at the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. I love yoour cup and it looks really vintage
    the ribbon is adorable added too
    lovely sentiment on the cup
    Mimi why dont you join Vintage at the Male Room they ask for vintage card manly the color here are manly I guess too..
    great card Mimi
    big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWOOOOON! This is AMAZING! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool distressed look! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge for our "More Coffee Please" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete