|This shows the pinholes which work decently with a battery-powered tealight behind-- I think next year I'll put some of those battery-powered fairy-lights behind because I think they'd work better.|
- This is the drawer from my mom's old jewelry box. This is the jewelry box my dad bought her probably around the time they got married. By the time he bought her a new one, this one had a broken lid and was pretty run-down. Recently, she asked me to help her clean her closet, and I just was like, "Why are you keeping this old, broken jewelry box?" (It had, like, safety pins, broken jewelry, buttons... you know, all the crap you keep in the bottom of your jewelry box...) Well, it turns out I understand why she kept it-- that thing was too sentimental for me to throw away completely... so I stashed this drawer and here we are!
- Tags made from my MIL's old letterpress stationary, letters painted with black Liquitex gesso and accented with a white DecoArt paint pen.
- I wrote the "Days 'til..." with Faber-Castell Pitts
- Tim's fluted stars added at corners with E-6000 glue.
- The main focus of this is Tim's metallic kraft-core embossed with one of Tim's embossing folders. I punched the pinholes to look like an old tin cabinet, and I distressed the hell out of it by adding alcohol inks and sanding it a bit with a nail file.
- The corners of the faux-tin have Recollections brads in them.
That's about it. I toyed with a lot of possible additions: a few bottle-brush trees on top, a crystal hanging from the bottom, faux-snow... but so far, this is classy and vintage. I like it. Maybe next year I'll re-vamp.
I'd like to share this with the following challenges:
- Country View Challenges: AG
- Creative Artiste: AG
- A Vintage Journey: Think Inside or Outside the Box (I realize I made this before the challenge, but this submission is complete serendipity...)