This turned out so much darker and more autumnal than I originally envisioned as I set out, but this is where the colors lead me!
Supplies and notes:
- The scrap of paper was either from my stash or from Andrea. I think it started life as an 8x8", but it was 4x8" when I began this large tag
- The edges of the paper were inked with the following DIs: Aged Mahogany and Black Soot. That's when this turned the corner from neutral to dark.
- I then used a Heidi Swapp stencil with some of my older paste mediums: Ranger Transparent Gloss and Faber Castelle TextureLuxe in Gold. Use it or lose it, right?
- The flowers were all made months ago with Tim's Tattered Florals dies. The dark flower reminds me of the dahlias I have-- I'd take a pic, but they haven't quite flowered yet... soon...
- The yarn hails from Tuesday Morning
- The canvas greenery and pinecone come from a holiday set by Hand Made Modern found at Target. I realize this is seasonal to many people, but not me... here in the Sierra, pinecones are definitely a familiar (and beloved) part of the landscape
- The flourish-y stamps are by Fiskars, inked in Archival and stamped under the embossing pastes