Here's that tic-tac-toe board:
Supplies and notes:
- Like the first tag, I used a scrap of CARDBOARD in my stash. I had used it earlier today for some gesso, and when I was done using the gesso I painted the tag.
- This afternoon, when I decided to go for the "blackout," I grabbed some Distress Crayons. First I scribbled with the Picked Raspberry and finger-painted it with water then heat-dried it. Then I grabbed the Mermaid Lagoon (BLUE) and scribbled, then wiped with no water. Delish. All of the ribs of corrugation shone through. Then I SPRAYED it with water and let it sit for a second then dabbed it up.
- Next, a Fiskars STAMP was inked with Archival and pressed in a few places
- WASHI from Target was added to a couple places, and hearts were DOODLED on it with a Sharpie
- I made the shabby trim with a scrap of Tim's Eclectic Elements fabric snipped with pinking shears. It was colored by swiping it through some Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Crayons and water. (This was an experiment and it worked fine. I almost wonder if it will be better than using DIs for this purpose in the future because of the oil element in the crayons...)
- For the STENCIL element, a Heidi Swapp stencil was SPRAYED with Dylusions in Fresh Lime, then monoprinted in the opposite corner
- I added GOLD SEQUIN trim to Tim's bow. I grabbed a few loose sequins and attached them with Glossy Accents.
- To top this off, I added a Melody Ross acetate pic... this is going to my hairdresser and friend. She will love it.