Here's my little creation:
I plan to enter this into the current HLS Mixed Media Challenge, as well as the current Mixed Media World Challenge, #9, both of which are Anything Goes.
- Library card base, pre-splattered from another project with Vintage Photo Distress Stain
- Used Teresa Collins modeling paste over a Heidi Swapp stencil for the triangles, then, once dry, laid it into some Aged Mahogany Distress Stain and some Spiced Marmalade, along with a scant amount of water. I pulled it out without really over-working it (as I sometimes do...), and I sopped-up the remaining ink on the mat with some vintage seam binding. Mmmm, yummy.
- Sat and watched it dry.
- Just kidding... I used a heat tool because I'm hella impatient.
- I tied a quick bow and glued it on, then the project sat for 48 hours... with me regularly messing with it. I had two main ideas.
- Ultimately, I painted the birds from Heartwarming Vintage with Ranger crackle accents, then framed them with a truly vintage tag frame (I pried a handful of these beautiful brass guys of of an old shelf from the millyard jink pile.) The brads are Recollections.
I hope you guys love this as much as I do. I think it looks totally cool. Makes me feel happy.