Tuesday, February 12, 2019

SOS 389: Make Your Mark

The latest challenge at Shopping Our Stash is being hosted by Chris, and she's encouraging crafters far and wide to MAKE THEIR MARK! You got it: use markers!

Here's my little lovey project:


Man, oh, man, do I love pens! 

Supplies:

  • The gold geometric heart is from a DCWV pad bought a couple years back at Tuesday Morning.  It is watercolor paper, and I usually like to use powdered pigments on it.   
  • Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers!  So, in the interest of shopping my stash, I thought I'd use the markers.  I was addicted to them in spring and summer,  but it's been months since I've really played with them.   Yum!  Missed them!  I used three colors here. 
  • Jane Davenport waterbrushes used to blend the Mermaid Markers.
  • Finetec Gold watercolors to accent the words.
Here is a little heart box that was from the same DCWV pad, colored the same way:



I hope you get to go find your marker box and join us for some fun! 

See you at Shopping Our Stash, and while you're there,  please visit my teammates-- such a talented group I'm part of! 


7 comments:

  1. Be still my heart!! this looks like a stain glass panel, how gorgeous Mimi, love the combination of the gold and the delicious pinks.
    Awesome card my dear.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job of shading! I guess the two of us were both wearing our hearts on our markers! :D)
    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how this looks! (and now I want to try those mermaid markers!) So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, great shading with the markers. it really looks like a stained glass heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooooooooooooo GORGEOUS! you are totally making me crave the JD mermaid markers... the colors are so very luscious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Mimi! I couldn't work out how you'd done it until I read your post - very clever, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow so gorgeous, the colours....WOW WOW WOW!!

    ReplyDelete