Tuesday, January 8, 2019

SOS: Winter Blues

Happy 2019, everyone!

We are fresh from a winter's "nap" at Shopping Our Stash and ready with a new challenge for ya'll: Winter Blues!  So, do winter, do blues, or do both!

I am sharing a little blue art journal spread:
(Pardon the terrible picture... I'll try to get better images when the sun shines)

Supplies:

  • Dylusions journal
  • An old Forest Science journal page stamped with a repeating stamp carved from an eraser a couple weeks ago.  I glued this into my journal over an unfinished spread.
  • Vintage baby blue seam binding from my stash
  • Prussian Blue Colorbursts (pre-liquified in a tiny bottle) dripped into the orange and seam binding
  • Distress Crayons in Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, and Mermaid Lagoon added here and there and everywhere
  • Blue chunky Stickles from my stash
  • Tim's paper doll (from the Halloween set, I believe)
That's it.  Thus journal spread was made in a funk.  I didn't like any of the blue stuff I'd done,  so I minimized supplies and told myself to just play, basically.  No goal,  no message.  Just use some stash and blue supplies.  I don't love there result,  but playing with the supplies was far from a bad time!  

Hope you'll join us, and hope my card-making mojo joins us soon!  

See you at SOS!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, great job with the carved stamp, love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any time you have a Mimi stamp AND prussian blue colorburst, it's DEFINITELY a party i want to come to!!! (probably not wearing white, however!) loooooooove this missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh I do so adore your carved stamps!!!
    AMAZING!!!
    How can you not be in love with the result....it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all kinds of amazing! LOVE your MIMI stamp, all the blue-y touches, and of course the artsy-fartsiness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! what a great design you achieved from that eraser, now.....that's crafty!!!
    Love the different shades of blue on this journal pages, you really went all out.
    XO

    ReplyDelete