I'm posting today for Shopping Our Stash's first challenge of the year: Watercolor! How about it?! Join us for some watercoloring stash-busting fun!
I am a total fan of all watercolors-- if you add water, I love 'em. For this challenge, I used what I believe to be my least-used watercolors: watercolor pencils. But no: the fun didn't stop there: I actually have been stretching my drawing muscles and decided to go with it. I hope that as well as inspiring you to watercolor with us at SOS, you will also consider doodling if you haven't in a while!
|Pegaus-unicorns are hard to draw.|
|Pleased with how the llama turned out! I hope you can see the pastel rainbow... it's very faint IRL, but it didn't help that I had terrible lighting.|
|Love this one.|
|This one is cute, too. I drew it thinking it looked like Millie laying on the rug, but now with the blue background I think there should be a moon under her, i.e. cow jumping over the moon...|
|Eww... Millie looks weird here. I started this one thinking I was going to do a one-line drawing but quit that after I made her look like she has a hairpiece on.|
|This is so simple, but I actually love the look of it.|
|Love this one because of the silvery slime I added under the snail!|
|My husband likes this one. I had the darndest time with my lighting, again, so I hope you can make out the faint purple shadowing around the frame and under the plate. The frosting is pink, and the cake is a pale yellow cake.|
|... and just for fun! This was just a little drawing in my sketchbook. I cut him out and decided to make a little bookmark!|
- The stashiest part of these projects are the bases: all the painted-on panels were either scraps of dismantled cards (I recently went through my card stash and got rid of a bunch I detested) or from the pages of my sketch book.
- Micron pens of various weights used for the drawings
- 95% of the watercoloring was done using my Rexel Derwent watercolor pencils-- almost 20 years old-- and waterbrushes. The shimmery watercolors are Finetec, and of those, I used metallics that had only been used when I first got them to test them.
- The flower card has some Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite for the flower centers
- The unicorn, narwhal, and llama cards were mounted on previously inked Heidi Swapp resist paper-- another watercolored stash item! These were inked with Color Bursts months ago.
I hope you all have a wonderful year. I look forward to seeing all of the fabulous projects 2018 will bring!
Now let's head to SOS to see what the team has come up with!