Welcome to my post for the latest Shopping Our Stash challenge...
Countdown to Christmas!
Yep! Donna is challenging us to make a Christmas card!
Even though I do share a handful of handmade Christmas greetings, I use a ton of handmade tags on gifts, so that's where I typically focus my holiday mojo:
- Vintage bingo card coated lightly with white Liquitex gesso and dried.
- STAMPlorations poinsettia stamp inked with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with Recollections EP in black-- the stamp is new since last December, so be ready to see a lot of it from me this coming winter-- I love it!
- Initally, the card and flower were painted using diluted Dylusions sprays, but as they dry, they sometimes oxidize in a funky way, so I went over the flower with Ranger Alcohol Ink in Red Pepper.
- Parts of a Fiskars text stamp was inked with Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
- "Good cheer!" brushed on with a waterbrush dipped in DOx in Black Soot, the accented with a Signo white pen.
- The flower was outlined with Glossy Accents and Martha Stewart clear glitter was added-- the best!
- Vintage tinsel trim added to the bottom; vintage seam binding added to the top.
- I was just about done when I decided that something was missing... I spotted my bells and quickly sewed three on... so glad! This upped the festive factor by 3, at least!
I have to admit: I did NOT have any holiday mojo... I pulled down my Christmas tub, and though I love a lot of my holiday supplies, I am "not there" at all right now, so once I just admitted that to myself (after like 5 failed starts... really), I just went with a more fun and colorful, less traditional project, and I am pleased-- I hope you like it as well.
Whether you are feeling the holiday spirit or not, go ahead and join us at SOS-- I know I am more behind this year than I have been in years past... have some catching up to do.